Friday, August 5, 2016

Your Hangout message:

"...I'm having problem in my new job. I feel like I don't fit in and there's too much pressure in my head. 😞

"I resigned from my job as _____________ of __________________ last _________ to start working as ______________ in a __________ branch here in _________ City. I thought it was manageable, the _______ work in the _____, presenting proposals to corporations to ______ with us and also marketing the _________________ and ___________________ of the _______. The figures are hunting me because we have a target number of points per associate and per branch. I am too far from the target, so is my manager for the branch’s target. Although my _________ manager is very supportive of me, I feel ineffective. Whenever I forward ________ applications to our system, the _______ are too slow in giving approval decision to these applications, long enough for other ______ to seize the opportunity and get the client for them. I don't know,...I feel like it's not for me. Well, I love talking to strangers, which is part of the job. The technical side of the job, maybe, isn't really working for me. I feel displaced."

My reply:

Hello ____________!

Your previous job and your present job belong to two different worlds, are peopled by completely different characters, and are fueled by uncorrelated objectives. Alas, it is not always possible to author one's job, even if it is possible to author one's career.


Give your job a chance to love you, so that you can love it back. You've been in it for only about four months now, and it would be most unfair to judge both it and yourself. Allow a year or two, perhaps, to pass. You are at the moment barely being oriented and trained, and you have much to learn--and should not be unwilling to do so.

On a deeper level, my reading is that most of your unhappiness is due to the fact that your current associates and companions do not feed your ego as your classmates and readers used to. You are afraid of being a nobody in a corporate world. Let me assure you that nobody is a nobody wherever he or she is.

Ultimately it is what you think of yourself and what you become because of it that make you what you are.
Chat Conversation EndHel

No comments:

Post a Comment