Sunday, July 24, 2016

Completed in Singapore one playwriting workshop for youth at risk, two playwriting workshops for two separate groups of senior citizens, one playwriting workshop for selected, gifted students of Cedar Secondary School for Girls, three dramaturgy sessions with Shen, Beverly, and Isaac, and a five night-and-one-full-day playwriting workshop with beginning and practicing playwrights.

The objective was not only to teach them playwriting, it was also to encourage them to join the 24-Hour Playwriting Competition next Sunday, which is part of the SIFA (Singapore International Festival of the Arts). So far, from previous workshops, nine playwrights held staged readings of their plays, one playwright had his play professionally produced, and one other playwright won the competition two years ago (but maybe because he is talented and not so much because I was his teacher). If anyone from this batch joins and wins the competition, I will consider it a personal success on my part.

In the meantime I intend to sleep through noon tomorrow, and I hope that no one wakes me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment